MOBILE COMMUNITY WATCH
Mobile Community Watch is a program based on a partnership between community members and the Cornwall Police Service.
The program is driven by community volunteers who donate their time (5 hours a month) to patrol the City and report any suspicious or criminal activity they might observe.
This community-based program provides patrol officers with an extra set of eyes and ears, which will greatly assist them to reduce and prevent crime.
The community benefits from this partnership in two ways.
- Firstly, through crime reduction, by reducing crime we will have fewer citizens victimized.
- Secondly, the program allows community members and stakeholders to take an active role and ownership of creating a safer place to live, work and visit.
The police and the community can take great pride and satisfaction in a partnership that will enhance the quality of life in our community.
Become a Volunteer
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with the Cornwall Police Service’s Mobile Community Watch Program.
Mobile Community Watch Volunteer Requirements;
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position of Mobile Community Watch Volunteer having regards to his or her owns’ safety.
- Must be of good moral character and habits.
- No criminal conviction(s) for which a pardon has not been granted.
Those wishing to apply for the position of Mobile Community Watch Volunteer should submit their resume and cover letter below: