Hire An Off-Duty Police Officer
Off-duty Police Officers can be hired (Paid Duty) to provide police presence and security at a variety of functions within the city of Cornwall, including (but not limited to):
- Security Escorts
- Community Events
- Wide/Long Load Escorts
- Sporting Events
- Traffic Control/Direction
- School Events
Terms of Paid Duty Request
Events must be within the City of Cornwall.
The number of officers requested will be assessed by the Paid Duty Coordinator according to the duties associated to the event.
A minimum charge of four (4) hours applies, per officer and for all events.
There is a 24 hour minimum cancellation policy. Should that 24 hour notice not be given, a minimum charge will be billed for each paid duty officer at the discretion of the Inspector of Field Operations.
Paid Duty Hourly Rates
Constable - $72.83
Sergeant - $82.30
Cruiser - $35.00
* Please note that all Paid Duty requests are subject to a 10% administrative fee in addition to HST.
* Officers must be booked for a minimum of 4 hours.
Submit a Paid Duty Request:
To submit a Paid Duty Request:
1) Fill out the Paid Duty Request Form found here.
2) Upload and submit it via the form below OR or mail it to:
Cornwall Police Service
P.O. Box 875,
340 Pitt Street
If you have any questions, please email or call the Paid Duty Coordinator at 613-933-5000 ext. 2702.