Part-Time Communications Dispatchers
POSTING - COMMUNICATIONS BUREAU - COMMUNICATOR/DISPATCHER
The Cornwall Police Service has the need for Part-Time positions as a Communicators/Dispatchers.
The Cornwall Police Service strives to promote and demonstrate the values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the community we serve and encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply.
This position is under the supervision of the Communications Supervisor. Successful candidates will be responsible to dispatch police and fire calls, respond to all emergency, non-emergency and 9-1-1 telephone calls. Additional duties require the use of police and fire related computer software.
- Language proficiency level:
- English: Fluent
- French: Working Proficiency (verbal communication)
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Keyboarding Skills (minimum speed of 35 wpm)
- Strong communications skills, including excellent telephone etiquette
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take initiative to address issues before they develop into serious problems
- Ability to cope effectively with stress
The successful applicants will be expected to work day and night shifts and be available for call-ins. This Police Service is a 24-hour, 365-day per year operation. Part-time positions are used to supplement full-time positions by working a variety of shifts, including the possibility of split shifts.
ALL CANDIDATES SELECTED TO PROCEED WILL UNDERGO TESTING FOR LANGUAGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS.
Applicants are required to successfully pass all testing components before being advanced to the next stage.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their application and resume for this position in the Communications Bureau via the online application below, outlining their skills, qualifications and experience relative to the position applied for.
Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to psychological testing and background investigation. The background investigation will include but is not limited to: police check with local, provincial and out of country law enforcement agencies if required; education credentials; credit and financial inquiries; and personal and work references.
Successful candidates will participate in the following training:
- Five (5) weeks of in class training (40 hrs/week)
- Four (4) months training with the Coach Officer (84 hrs/ biweekly)
Training Period $20.26-$22.52
Dispatcher Rate $35.50 - $39.73
8 Aug 2023
340 Pitt Street